200 evacuees from New Orleans at Ramada Inn Southfield--They need our help!
I received this message last night and verified it by calling the Southfield Ramada Inn this morning. It is true. May we help in whatever ways we can...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: September 8, 2005 4:04:20 PM GMT-04:00
Subject: 200 evacuees in Detroit north and need help
Evacuees at the Ramada Inn Southfield
I don't know if you all are aware that there are about 200 evacuees at the Ramada Inn in Southfield ( 9 mile and Lodge Fwy) from New Orleans. They arrived here on Sunday. I just spoke with the hotel manager and they are in need of the following:
- Feminine Products
- Other toiletries
- Volunteers: babysitters, doctors, social workers, tutors etc.
- Baby items desperately: cribs, car seats, diapers, baby wipes etc.
- School supplies: pens, pencils, folders, binders
- Individually wrapped snacks: peanut butter crackers, granola bars,
- Women's and Men's underwear & socks
You can take these items directly to the Ramada Inn.
You can get more information about their needs by calling the hotel