Camp Casey Detroit

Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina/Summer Street Fest

Hey you guys!! Sorry, I havent been down there in a while. Ive been busy and tired from trying to get situated with school and the second job that I just got. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be down there pretty soon and I'm going to be bringing food and stuff to the camp. Is it anything that anyone wants in particular? Also, I'm trying to get involved with the hurricane relief, too. I missed the meeting on Wednesday. Did we have a plan for contributing to that? What's crazy though is that I went down to Red Cross to help volunteer b/c I'm on their e-mail list through WSU Red Cross Organization and they requested WSU volunteers. I went there and they turned me away! I was trying to volunteer on the phone lines, but they said since I've never volunteered there before I had to go through some training sessions, but I really think they could have simply gone over really quickly what to do on the multi-line telephones (which I have used before) for about 5 or ten minutes and have that'd be it. But I'm just going to try to get into the training sessions b/c I know they'll need volunteers for quite a while.

Also, this Sunday from 3pm-7pm is the Summer Street Fest around Comerica Park, Ford Field and just all over the area (i believe), so I just wanted to let you guys know that maybe a big crowd will probably be around all day Sunday. K, gotta get ready for work. Talk to you guys later!!

Violeta

PS: Is it just me or does it seem like we could have had more military help down south with the hurricane if all of our troops weren't in Iraq. This is what I was talking about, we went over there to try to "help" these people as Bush claims, and now he can't even help his own. This is definitely one of the reasons why they need to bring our troops home. Our government is trying to "rebuild Iraqi cities", and now look what's happened. We have to worry about rebuilding ours. This government is ridiculous.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Camp Casey Detroit Blog said...

I Ditto that. This situation should really wake up those who do not see the damage this war has caused to America.

A. Hackett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home